Friday, August 28, 2009

Is This The Cutest Beach In The World?


In short... Yes. Yes, it is.

I've just come back from a short break on the Costa Dorada - see previous post - chilling in the (often fearsome) sunshine, supping ice cold Mahou and generally taking a nice break from the UK.
One day though, I had to go for a meeting in Barcelona, and took the train up along the coast - to my (pleasant) surprise, a short distance to the east of Sitges I looked out of the window and thought "Bugger me! I know that beach!" - it was the really cute one with all the beach huts and the sweet retro-looking hotel that's the centrepiece of the promo video for El Canto Del Loco's triffick piece of power-pop, "A Contracorriente"...

It genuinely *does* look fab! I want to holiday there sometime. Badly want to!
Anyway, I checked it out on Google Earth and it turns out it's called Garraf - and I've uploaded a Google Earth placemark here should you want to go look it out for yourself...
And the video can be seen here...

Got some really nice photos of Tarragona, which I'll aim to post in the coming days.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks stunning! Love all the little houses right there on the beach! Gorgeous!

And you went to JoanTown! :D

gb said...

That beach just looks superb - and dinky and cute.

And yeah, Joan town... very very nice place - will post photos v soon :-)