Monday, January 5, 2009

Steve Jobs - The Truth About Macworld No-Show


Following a shitload of rumour, speculation and unhealthy ghoulishness it turns out that in fact Steve Jobs does have some health issues - and that the hoo-hah caused by his decision to let Phil Schiller do the keynote triggered the rumours he needed to finally address.
Sometimes the Mac community can be infuriating, and recent weeks have made ever-increasing static about his health (and indeed his very existence) seem like something you'd expect to hear of Kim Jong Il or Fidel Castro.

Thankfully he's NOT on his deathbed, and in fine spirits - fine enough in fact to get a nice little jibe in at the end of his open letter (below) to the Mac community.
We know they're (mostly) only so interested in him cos they love him, but they do need to get out a bit more at times...


.......................................................

Dear Apple Community,

For the first time in a decade, I'm getting to spend the holiday season with my family, rather than intensely preparing for a Macworld keynote.
Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.
I've decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008. The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors. A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my #1 priority.
Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause — a hormone imbalance that has been "robbing" me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy. Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis.
The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I've already begun treatment. But, just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it. I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery.

I have given more than my all to Apple for the past 11 years now. I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple's CEO. I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best forApple first.

So now I've said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this.
Steve

.......................................................


Get well Steve :-)
And the rest of you - Enjoy Macworld, enjoy the Keynote, and FFS get a life!



2 comments:

abc said...

*lol*
Nerds.

But then again I remember wild speculation breaking lose in our forum when we saw Bati with a mysterious bandage on his wrist in early 2008 and I guess that wasn't that much different...
Maybe we should also get out more. ;)

Btw: It is one thing to participate in all sorts of rumours about Mr. Jobs being on his deathbed, but the other thing is actually knowing about all these rumours and the details of it... Maybe you're also a bit too deep in it, Mr. Bouch? Just saying. ;)

gb said...

Nerd is my middle name... ;)